Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Fest

Tonight was the Fall Festival on campus at DTS. I didn't know what to expect but they had quite a few kid-friendly games and activities going on. And most of them involved winning candy--who doesn't love that? (Besides our dentists.) Garrett was a bit too young to appreciate the games but he did like sharing my BBQ sandwich and watching all the people running around. The weather was perfect and fall-like which was extra-nice since we've had nothing but rain and cloudy skies for the last week. Have I mentioned how much I love sweater weather? It's here! We had a great time hanging out with some friends from our Spiritual Formation group and some other classmates of Russ's that I got to meet for the first time. Next year will be even more fun because Garrett will be able to get down and run around. Hmm...maybe we'll need to invest in one of those kid-leashes I've seen. Ha! Anyway, here are a couple of pics from our fun evening and a couple of other random pics from the last week or so.




Garrett was having fun sticking his tongue out at us.

Family photo op!


Wearing his slicker on one of our rainy days and getting into trouble. Doesn't he just look mischievous? Probably thinking about Lucy's bowls.

This is what I walk into his room and find every morning now. He's up and ready to go. Mostly. As you can tell in the bottom picture, he's not entirely coherent yet but he knows that he's awake and wants to stand up. Always standing up. :-)

This video shows you Garrett's first wave. He's not 100% sure of what he's doing but he knows that he should be doing something with his hands and that we get very excited when he does it. Close enough for me! Yay!! (I know that some of you skeptics out there will say this doesn't count, but you don't get to decide...we do! So there.)

1 comment:

  1. Counts in my book!!! Yea Garrett!!
    Love Great Aunt Chris

    ReplyDelete