I decided to split our San Antonio trip into two posts because I have so many pictures. I don't want to have one post be 5 miles long (slight exaggeration). It was a short trip--only 3 days--but we had a lot of fun in that short amount of time. Day 1 was spent driving and rambling the Riverwalk.
This first picture is of our happy forward-facing toddler. This was his first time riding in a car and seeing the same stuff that we do. It's SO much easier to give him snacks or his pacifier when he's facing this direction!
The view from our hotel. Our room was overlooking the Alamo, which Russ LOVED.
We wandered through the River Center Mall and found these cute Finding Nemo sunglasses that are just his size. They only stay on his face for about 30 seconds, but it's a cute 30 seconds.
On the Riverwalk...so pretty!
In our hotel room--this is how Garrett kept himself entertained for quite awhile. I'll try and figure out a way to post the video version of this here on our blog.
The next morning, Day 2, we tried to have breakfast on the river but the pigeons got too feisty for us. Garrett is not a neat eater so they had a lot of crumbs to get aggressive over. We moved inside after the first 5 minutes.
Having fun posing with his daddy at the Alamo.
The Alamo is on the left behind my boys and the big building directly behind them is our hotel.
More Alamo fun!
We checked out of our hotel and drove to Nana and Papa's house for lunch. After lunch we walked down to the park and let Garrett run wild for a little while. It was HOT and Garrett was smart enough to hang out in the shade part of the time.
Unfortunately for Russ and me, Garrett was so excited/overstimulated/off-schedule that he didn't sleep well at all that night. By that I mean that he slept for a couple of hours (after resisting sleep for the previous 2 hours) then he woke up and was unsettled from midnight til 5 a.m. Ick. I love how routine his sleep is at home but I think that makes vacations rough for him. Sigh...it'll get better with age, right?
You captured many past memories for me. What a different perspective to see the Alamo from above, in the hotel...did you see the battle? Lovely photo of Deanna & Garrett on the riverwalk. It is challenging to keep routines away from home. grammy
ReplyDelete