Saturday, January 1, 2011

Illinois Christmas 2010

The Wednesday before Christmas we woke up bright (dark, actually) and early to hit the road for Illinois. 13 hours later we arrived in my snow-covered hometown. It was a fantastic trip from start to finish. There was much cookie baking, cookie eating, playing, snowing, present unwrapping and hugging. I didn't take very many pictures so this is an abbreviated version of our Christmas. My dad took waaaaaaay more pictures than I did, so maybe after I get those pictures from him I'll repost or add some more. Maybe. We got home last night--New Year's Eve. I did not make it to midnight last night, but we did see the ball drop in New York's time zone, so that counts. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a special vacation and much time spent with you. Garrett loved visiting and can't wait until we're all together again!! Happy New Year everyone!

Before the cookie cutting/decorating began. (The aprons were a birthday present for Grandma back in October.)







Having fun with Grandma and Grandpa. He's a master of the sprinkles!!

 Christmas Eve...Lucy loves all the extra attention she gets when we visit my family.




 Opening up some presents from Uncle Nate and Aunt Krista. Hello Mr. Potato Head!

Christmas morning...early. :) Garrett may not understand the concept of Christmas just yet but he somehow has the waking-up-way-too-early part down pat.

 Garrett loves his Daddy's new slippers!

 Uncle Bob's turn to give Lucy a welcoming lap. (I think he may be her favorite...he actually let her sleep right on top of him. She loves being spoiled!)


Some sister self-portraits. Of course. Plus Lucy's ear.

Biblical training 101...Garrett was obsessed with climbing onto the toilet (seat down thankfully!) and pulling out the little Bible from the basket. Then he would sit and "read" it. Turning pages and everything. Notice his Grandma's socks on his feet too. He got into her closet and pulled those on. At least it wasn't underwear!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment