Sunday, April 7, 2013

Catching Up

Okay, it's April. And I haven't posted anything on the blog since CHRISTMAS! Yes, we've been busy. But also, I lost my blogger password. And I never wanted to take the time to do the whole recovery thing during those few stolen moments when I might have written a quick update. Oops! So let's see, what's happened in 2013 so far...

*Garrett turned FOUR years old! He's so fun to be around and read books with. His memory is incredible (unless he doesn't want to talk about something and then he says he doesn't know). He started soccer and loves his coach and his team, the House Geckos.
*Russ is so-so-so-so close to being done with seminary...can I get a Woo-Hoo??
*Nolan is a walking mess-maker. But he'll still stop to snuggle when he's tired so he gets away with all the messes. And he's talking more and more every day. His favorite words right now are "Oh No!" and "Mine!"
*Russ and I got away to a marriage conference in February, the first time we've been away from both boys overnight together. :) It was wonderful. And my mom flew in from IL to watch the boys and they had a terrific time being spoiled and cuddled by Grandma.
*Russ is currently interviewing with a number of churches, spread out from Texas to Pennsylvania. We're praying that the right job, the right church, will happen at the right time. Will you pray that with us too? Graduation is only a month away and it's a scary thing when you don't see the next step clearly in front of you. I'm thankful that God is bigger than all the scary stuff.

I think that about covers it. :) I'm going to post a bunch of pictures now. They're from January through the beginning of March. Since my camera's battery charger is lost I've been using my phone's camera. It takes nice pictures but it's a pain to transfer them to the computer. So I'm slow. I'll post more pictures (March til now) later. Maybe. No promises.

Just a good old, early February swinging session in Texas.

Garrett's birthday present from his cousin Kaylie, a DIY knight set. He had zero interest in decorating but great interest in the sword-swinging part.

Celebrating his birthday with our little family at Traildust. He loves the big slide and he got a free cupcake!
 
 
Happy 4th Birthday to our BIG BOY GARRETT!!! Since he's so into Transformers Rescue Bots, that's what I stuck on top of his cake. It works for this poor, non-cake-decorating momma. 


 Nolan had fun playing in some sugar. I have no idea how he even got ahold of the bag!!

 He's making a "mean" face at me. I still think he's awfully cute.

Leaf fight!! (In February. Texas has weird seasons. But I love them.)
 
 Ah yes, my mess-maker. He seriously did all this damage over the course of a FIVE MINUTE potty/teeth-brushing break for mommy.

 Okay, this is the only picture I took at his birthday party this year. Someone better nominate me for slacker-mom of the year I think. He and his friends ran crazy at McDonalds and then had cupcakes. He had a great time and took a great nap. Which is rare these days.

 Did someone order two boys in a basket??

 With looks of intense concentration, they can only be playing one game...Legos Star Wars. Ask Garrett about it and he'll sing you the theme song even!

 Some family silliness from a local expo we went to. Garrett did NOT want to give back the Darth Vader mask. There may have been a few tears.

 Captain Garrett on a hunt for treasure.


These last two pictures are from me testing out the new camera app on my phone. Since the real camera is dead. I like the app, it's just really hard to take great pics on my phone no matter which app I use...the boys do NOT hold still long enough to open the app I want to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment