Monday, October 6, 2014

Day Out with Thomas

The day *finally* arrived. Nolan has been counting down to this day since his birthday and he found out we'd be going to see Thomas the Tank Engine in person and actually going on a legit train ride. (No, for reals, we've had a countdown up on the wall since August!) I would have taken more pictures but I was enjoying just soaking in his excitement and his looks of pure joy. Garrett had a blast too and it was a great family adventure. This was Nolan's birthday present from us and from my parents too. So thank you, Grandma and Grandpa for the fun outing!




We got to ride in the dining car, with tables and chairs. The boys especially liked chanting, "Push, Thomas, push!" to help Thomas push us out of the station. 




I wish I had stepped in front of their official photographer dude to get a better picture but I didn't. And I may have caved and bought them a new train car in the gift shop but I could not, in good conscience, buy the official photo for over $20. Not. Even. 


They got to meet Sir Topham Hatt! I thought that one or both of the boys would freak out and run away from him but instead they both gave high fives and hugs. Yay! 


Golfers, we aren't. Which is why I couldn't help Garrett hold his golf club correctly at all. He's a leftie which complicates it even further. If/when he wants to learn how to golf, he'll have to ask his Papa. You've been warned, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment